Sony RX1 user report at Steve Huff (not by Steve).

I got to play with the RX1 at the Sony Space in New York a couple of months ago. I found it to be just delightful - the aperture ring around the lens was worth the price of admission alone. But a $1200 Fuji X100s is a lot more likely for me and even that wiould probably be a year off.

I still hope another camera company follows suit. I like the idea of a fullframe sensor with a fixed focal length, but I'm not in love with this one.

I think this is just the beginning of full-frame compact cameras. Now that Sony has shown it can be done, I'm sure we will start to see other makers get on-board with (probably) more affordable offerings.

I can see companies like Fuji picking up on this at some point. Canon and Nikon pretty much have their heads in the sand with innovations like this and tend to follow the crowd (mirror-less offerings being a case in point).

Just give it time. . .

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It would be interesting to see Fuji try its hands on a full frame compact. But that could hurt the sales of the X-Trans APS-C line of cameras though. Unless they price it significantly higher than the XPro1. Unless they replace the APS-C with full frame stuff.

It would be interesting to see Fuji try its hands on a full frame compact. But that could hurt the sales of the X-Trans APS-C line of cameras though. Unless they price it significantly higher than the XPro1. Unless they replace the APS-C with full frame stuff.

I think it will take time for Fuji get to work on a full-frame camera. Even if they start now, it will take at least a year or more before they can announce anything. This is enough time for the X-Trans line of cameras to have their day in the sun.

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fuji were talking about it a while back. They would have to introduce a new lens rage as the XF lenses do not cover the full frame sensor!

I love the image of the Red Alfa, SO sharp with nice DOF and awesome colours. You can almost touch the car!

Back