Sony Time Mag names RX100 as a invention on the year

Have to say it's a wholly inaccurate little article. 1" sensor (2.5cm). now readers of the article will think the sensor in it is huge!. Only 20% slimmer than a digital SLR? surely not, surely more than that!

well its nice that its being 'bigged up' I suppose.

I do agree that it's a huge leap forward in consumer camera development, probably the biggest leap since m4/3. Maybe even bigger in the sense that you can now carry a camera with DSLR-like performance (in most situations) in your pants and really have it with you at all times without thinking about it.

But ofcourse, the camera world as a whole isn't really THAT important, in the big scheme of things...

An award that stretches my understanding of 'invention'. It seems like a good camera, but I am not sure I see the invention aspect.

It makes me wonder are we in an invention slump, or is Time simply pandering to advertising dollars?
Cynical me; they would never chase dollars over being an informative source of news.:eek:

I like the solar water distiller. That has the potential to change a lot of lives for the better. I'm thinking about getting one for emergencies. I have access to plenty of ocean water. Not so much potable water.

Back