Fuji Winter skies in the Peak district with X100

Iansky

All-Pro
I have just returned from a business trip to the Peak District in the UK, every day was wet, misty and windy but I was still determined to grab some dramatic landscape and sky photos with the X100 - these are some of the ones I like the most.

untitled-0058SFX.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

untitled-0055SFX.jpg

untitled-0054SFX.jpg

untitled-0053SFX.jpg

untitled-0052SFX.jpg

untitled-0047SFX.jpg

untitled-0041SFX.jpg

untitled-0038SFX.jpg

untitled-0032SFX.jpg

Thanks Kristen, I am pleased with the results and the X100 really does capture a good range of tones and textures - the scenery and the weather did help get these images.

Images like these make me wish for post processing ability -- and a lot of processed images here do NOT make me wish for it, so that's a compliment. I like the level of intervention you chose for these, just right to my eye. You brought out great details in the clouds without turning it into a painting.

Thanks KillRamsey,

I shot all these in Raw, did basics in Lightoom3, and used Silver Efex Pro2 to convert to B&W to get the effect I wanted without faking the reality.

Ha ha, that is all we have been having in the UK since the Olympics finished!! Now back to severe flooding and I am sure I saw someone building an Ark in their garden the other day!!:eek:

I know I was late home from work tonight but not that late ... it's barely turned autumn! Beautiful skies though, beautifully processed.

Ha ha, that is all we have been having in the UK since the Olympics finished!! Now back to severe flooding and I am sure I saw someone building an Ark in their garden the other day!!:eek:

We've had drought in the Midwest USA, send some of that water here!

Back